Newly produced and purified PCBs generally have good electrical characteristics. But these are deteriorating rapidly due to the absorption of atmospheric moisture, contamination of the surface with conductive particles, attracting dust particles due to electrostatic charges, condensing humidity, etc. To protect against this kind influences are PCBs, particularly for demanding and specific aplications often provided with a protective coating, as the last step.
Conformal coatings are typically applied by dip coating and spray / splash on printed circuit boards. To create prototypes or small series of protective lacquer could also be painted.
So far, there are no high quality and reliability standards, as the inspection takes place largely manually. In large-scale testing and changing products, a check within the production cycle must take place in order to achieve a high productivity. To optimize the process, it requires this test and inspection tools that not only provide all the information for a possible rework available, but also can fully document.
The automatic inspection by modusAOI ensures a quick and complete examination of all coated assemblies.
The combination of multi-colored LED lighting, UV-LED lighting and color line scan camera enables clear Lackierinspektion. The full-scan imaging of the art, the hun-amended owned detection is ensured.
Compared to manual inspection with the results of modusAOI are not operator dependent, but always act objectively and reproducibly. The inspection allows rapid feedback of process faults (closed-loop).
The test results are displayed for documented repair of the module on the rework places. This results in time and cost savings as well as a significant increase in quality.
- modusAOI saves time, space and money.
- The typical payback is eight to twelve months
Quality through process control
reliable fault detection
- Painting zone (area)
- Paint splashes to 100ym (fully covered)
- Identification of DMC / barcode on the review page without additional Reader
high inspection depth and large test facility
- high-resolution color scanner
- multi-color LED lighting
- 24Bit Color, 14.040x20.400 Pixel per Scan
- Test field: max. 420mm*550mm
- high speed: 25mm/Sekunde
- entire surface parallax
- Display the error position and representation of error and comparison image
- It looks identical to the test system and repair stations
- Fault is assigned by pressing a button statistics
- Teaching staff within a few minutes
Statistics and Process Control
- Traceability by evaluating barcode / 2D code / RFID
- Cost saving because of quick process optimization
- intuitive inspection plan
- graphical interface
- Powerful and flexible test algorithms
- Inspection of the PCB underside without turning station
- Seamless integration into the manufacturing process behind the selective and wave soldering
- Double-sided inspection of THT solder joints and components at line speed
- Flexible repair station concept
- Easy integration into the placement line
- Data Mapping through barcode / 2D code / RFID
- Easy handling due to variable assemblies recording